Does anyone remember when a suicide bomber successfully attacked a CIA base in Afghanistan? It's hard to keep all the destructive events straight, but this one is slightly more special because it's the deadliest attack on U.S. intelligence personnel in over 20 years. Apparently the CIA had a double agent on the payroll.
Double agents are inevitable, that's not what set me off. The BBC article ends with this lovely quote:
"The CIA has not released the names of the officials killed nor details of their work because of the sensitivity of US operations. But the head of the base, reported to be a mother-of-three, was among those killed."
I didn't know the public was privy to family details of fallen officers, but for women the media makes an exception. Not once have I read anything describing a male officer as a father-of-two or anything like that, especially when no names have been released.
Lame, BBC. 'S all I gotta say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment