"Mr. Maginnis said he concluded that the analysts were being “manipulated” to convey a false sense of certainty about the evidence of the weapons. Yet he and Mr. Bevelacqua and the other analysts who attended the briefing did not share any misgivings with the American public. Mr. Bevelacqua and another Fox analyst, Mr. Cowan, had formed the wvc3 Group, and hoped to win military and national security contracts."
If I'm reading this correctly, a few military analysts had been so co-opted by the government in their quest for funding, they were willing to allow the American public to be duped into a war. They stood by--specific people with the power to end the madness. Instead, it turns out they too were mad, driven crazy by the pursuit of money.
Then again, insanity has always been a part of the human condition. That explains why I'm not so surprised. Really, I'd be surprised if the opposite happened. Yet shouldn't there be balance? Because if we either despair completely or embrace it, then we wouldn't be aware of the difference, or the existence of this quality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment